11/8/09

BOM Guest Blogger, Linda!

President Kimball has told us to “study the scriptures and let them govern our lives…” I have just finished ready 3 Nephi. When I began 3 Nephi I wanted to really focus on the things that Jesus said, and I wanted to read it as if he was talking to me. The words of 3 Nephi took on new meaning. The Beatitudes meant more to me than they ever have before. I felt as the people of Nephi did when they cried because they did not want Him to leave. I read 3 Nephi very slowly; I did not want it to end. Each day as I read I prayed that the Spirit would help me to do the things that the Savior was telling me and that the scriptures I was reading would help me govern my life. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon Challenge. The Book of Mormon brings such peace into my life and my testimony has been strengthened. Keep up the good work and keep reading. It will be so worth it. I love all of you. Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for that!